Subaru Service Employment Opportunities in the Pacific Northwest
As one of the top Subaru service centers in the Pacific Northwest, we’re always looking for exceptional individuals to add to our team. Locally owned and operated, we treat our employees well. Additionally, our shop is licensed to hire minors interested in mentoring and on-the-job training. Contact us to find out more.
Current Subaru Service Employment Opportunities
We’re busy and growing here at East Valley Auto Rebuild! Currently, we have openings for the following positions:
- Experienced Machinist
- Machinist Apprentice
- Experienced Mechanic
- Service Writer Assistant
Required Experienced Mechanic Skills
- Experienced Mechanic: experience in automotive repairs, diagnosis, brakes, air conditioning, tune-ups, maintenance. Subaru experience is a plus.
- Minimum 3-5 years experience; Subaru repair a plus, but not required
- Own set of automotive tools
- Ability to work independently and communicate efficiently
- Good driving record
- Must desire to work honestly, effectively and accurately
- Must be dependable and get along with co-workers
Our ideal candidate will be a permanent member of our team as we continue to grow!
Required Automotive Machinist Skills
- Experienced Machinist: experienced in automotive engine rebuild, cylinder heads and block service, engine testing and assembly, crankshaft balancing and some performance modifications. Pay is DOE.
- Machinist Apprentice: The apprentice will assist in tear down, assembly, cleaning and prepping engine parts for reassembly.
- Minimum 5 years machinist experience
- Familiarity with measuring equipment (i.e. micrometers, calipers, depth & height gauges)
- Knowledge of engines and machine parts; capable of disassembling engine blocks and cylinder heads using hones, boring machines, grinders, lathes and mills to specifications
- Able to inspect engine blocks for cracks and faults, as well as recondition cylinder heads, and crankshafts to specifications
Work includes the above and complete engine rebuilding, crankshaft grinding and connecting rod conditioning.
Hourly Pay Structure
We pay our technicians on an hourly basis versus flat-rate like most automotive repair shops and dealer service departments. Flat-rate payment can cause tension between technicians because everyone wants the high-paying jobs, and it can also cause work to be rushed. A flat-rate structure pays the technician the book-rate number of hours for a job, no matter if the job actually took him/her more or less time than the book indicates it should take. This can not only cause jobs to be rushed, but it can also underpay a technician who takes more time than the book rate to make sure the job is done well.
Full-Time Employee Benefits
All of our Subaru service employment opportunities come with the following benefits:
- Competitive Pay DOE
- Relaxed and Fun Atmosphere
- Group Medical Coverage
- Group Dental
- AD&D and LTD Benefits
- Paid Vacation
- Paid Holidays
- Full-Time & Part-Time Positions
- AFLAC Available
Subaru Service Employment Opportunities in East Valley
Serving Seattle, Tacoma, Kent, Auburn, Des Moines, Renton, Burien, Federal Way, SeaTac, Lea Hill, Covington, Everett, Olympia, Vancouver, Portland, Salem & Eugene